Looking great in a pair of skinny jeans is easy if you know what to do. Many parents can barely stand the words, "skinny jeans." But I promise you, skinny jeans, even for tweens, aren't as scary as they sound.
Time Required: Just a Few Minutes
- Choose a pair of skinny jeans that are comfortable. They should have a good amount of stretch in them, have a modest rise and be easy to zip.
- Dark washed skinny jeans look the best and are the most popular.
- Pair her skinny jeans up with a modest top. Longer tees are really hot this year and look super matched up with a pair of skinny jeans. Look for trapeze tops, jumpers, empire waisted babydoll tees and other tops that have volume, swing and a longer silhouette.
- Flowing tops look best with skinny jeans, but if she chooses to pair her skinny jeans with a fitted tee, keep her looking modest and age appropriate by choosing one with good coverage at the neckline.
- When choosing shoes to go with her skinny jeans, choose super-flat ones. Ballet flats or slip-ons are the most popular choices and look great when paired with a pair of skinny jeans.
- If skinny jeans just aren't her thing, there are plenty of other options out there in the world of fashionable jeans. Let her choose the cut and style that is right for her, and encourage her to follow trends that suit her and ignore the ones that don't. Every girl looks her best when she dresses in a way that makes her feel comfortable and beautiful.
- Buy Direct: Get the look above at shopjustice.com.